09 July, 2005

Reorganized the archive

I will be traveling out of the country from July 11th through August 10th. Don't expect too much for the next month, but there will be some news. :-)

I've made some more template changes, and created an index to almost every entry in this weblog. Two reasons:

  • I got tired of trying to find things that I knew I'd written;
  • I don't much like Blogger's recent- and long-term archiving, and I plan to get rid of them once I'm sure my manual system works reasonably well.
Feel free to wander about my well of wisdom :-) If you find any broken links, or if you think a post belongs in another group as well as the one it's in, let me know.

In the process of organizing, I noticed a few things:

1. Currently, the most commented-on article is (much to my surprise) the math challenge. I guess I need more of those.

2. On the other hand, the followup on infinite numbers earned zero comments. Not a one.

3. I've talked a lot more about the Terri Schiavo episode, and about politics, than I would like — though not as much as I would have liked, either. Not sure what to make of that.

4. The largest group of posts is "Diary of a Catholic mathematician." That makes me happy, since that summarizes one of the themes I'd like this to be identified with in the long run. That could even serve as a subtitle for this weblog. Hey, that gives me an idea...

5. I can't think of summaries for many of the groups. Suggestions are welcome.

6. Anyone know where the term "Gershom" comes from? :-)

I'll probably write something else before I leave Monday.

2 comments:

Alessandra said...

The archive is cool. did you have to code it by hand or does Blogger offer a quick way to do it?

jack perry said...

By hand, alas. I do know that there are blogging programs that allow one to do this sort of thing, and there may be a way to do this with Blogger, but if so I don't know what it is.