08 June, 2010

Someone check the book of Revelation

This must be one of the signs of the apocalypse. One of my students just sent me an email that hails,

Hey whats going on with Mr. Perry.
This is wrong on so many levels, I don't know where to begin. So I won't.

Well, yes actually, I think I will, if only to express my incomprehension at modern times.
  1. Is it now proper to salute someone in the third person? Don't get me wrong; I like that, but I'm not sure.
  2. Dude, it's not Mr. Perry; it's Dr. Perry!
  3. Don't get me started on the punctuation.
I'm sure cell phones are responsible for this somehow. I haven't worked out the details, but they have to be. Stay tuned for details.

Oh, and speaking of gadget-pox, I was sanding some wood by hand the other day, got sick of it, and bought an electric sander. I hate sanding with an electric sander. About the only thing that can be said in its favor is that I can work with it much longer than with my block sander.

No comments: