16 April, 2007

Little bunnies in the field

For reasons that I won't go into, I was singing one of James Brown's songs to my daughter yesterday at lunch:

I feel good! da na na na na na na
I knew that I would da na na na na na na
and so forth. This went on for a couple of minutes while the ten month old looked at me as if I were speaking an unintelligible language. But, she did eat the food mommy was giving her, so what do I care.

My ten year old son asked, "What's the name of that song?"

"Gee, I wonder," I said.

"Little bunnies in the field?" he suggested.

This provoked laughter from everyone except the ten month old, who looked at all of us as if we were speaking an unintelligible language.

I have no idea where he gets these clever quips. I really don't. And I envy him for it.

No comments: